Thursday 30 September 2010

Quincy Jones: “Jennifer Hudson tore ‘You Put A Move On My Heart’ up!”…

Jennifer Hudson has covered Tamia’s R&B classic ‘You Put a Move On My Heart’. The legendary Quincy Jones, who produced the track, gushes about the Grammy winner’s take on the song which will now appear on his ‘Q: Soul Bossa Nostra’ project. What did he say exactly?

In a new interview with Rolling Stone, he states: “Jennifer said, ‘I need to be on the album’. I said, ‘Jennifer, there’s no way in the world I would bug you about something like that’. She said, ‘Quincy, you don’t understand — I need to be on that album’. She just tore ‘You Put A Move On My Heart’ up” (Source).

We’ve known about this since March but his comments makes it all the more official. The very outstanding ‘You Put a Move On My Heart’ was first recorded by my favourite R&B singer Tamia back in 1995. It was actually her very first single from her classic self-titled debut album (a personal favourite of mine). It’s an extremely hard song to sing, so I’m most certainly curious to hear what J. Hud did with it. The album ‘Q: Soul Bossa Nostra’ is due out on November 9th.

No comments: