The 2010 Soul Train Music Awards aired last night with show opener R. Kelly performing a medley of hits and special musical tributes to Anita Baker and Ron Isley.
The 2010 Soul Train Awards took place at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center in Atlanta, Georgia with Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson as hosts.
We gave you the red carpet coverage weeks ago, now here's the performances that aired last night.
R. Kelly opened the show with a nine minute medley composed of “Bump N’ Grind,” “Your Body is Calling,” “When A Woman’s Fed Up,” “Happy People,” and “When a Woman Loves.”Anita Baker was given the Centric Legend Award with a tribute featuring Goapele, Chrisette Michelle, Tamia, Faith Evans, Kem, Rachelle Farrell, Lalah Hathaway and Dionne Farris.
Following Ms. Baker, Ron Isley was given a tribute that included Eric Benet, El DeBarge, Freddie Jackson, Jeffrey Osborne, Peabo Bryson and Keyshia Cole.
Love seeing and hearing real singers. It rarely happens these days.
Here's the full list of winners:
• Legend Awards: Anita Baker and Ron Isley
• Best New Artist: Melanie Fiona
• Best Female R&B/Soul Artist: Alicia Keys
• Best Male R&B/Soul Artist: Trey Songz and Usher (tie)
• Song of the year: "Nothin' on You" - B.o.B ft. Bruno Mars
• Best Hip-Hop Song of the Year: "Love the Way You Lie" - Eminem ft. Rihanna
• Album of the Year: "Raymond vs. Raymond" - Usher
• Record of the Year: "Un-thinkable (I'm Ready)" - Alicia Keys, Aubrey Graham (Drake), Kerry Brothers Jr., and Noah "40" Shebib
• Best Reggae Artist: Gyptian
• Centric Award: Janelle Monae
• Best Gospel Performance: Marvin Sapp
• Best Dance Performance: Ciara - "Ride"