Tuesday 21 December 2010

Shania Twain on Engagement: 'I'm in Love!'

The news about Shania Twain's engagement to Swiss exec Frédéric Thiébaud was revealed yesterday by a friend, and this morning the singer took to her blog to make her own announcement. Mainly: She's in love!
She posted a letter on her website, which first thanked her fans, friends and family for helping her through her 2008 divorce, and then she got to the good stuff about her new fiance.

The first part of the letter read (via People.com): "In the last two and a half years of adjusting to life after separation and divorce, I needed to lean on others more often than I was accustomed to. These people have been gifts, and I am fortunate to have so many of these beautiful people – friends, family and beloved fans, [whose] support I cherish more deeply with each day that passes."

She added: "Talking about love," she continues, "I am excited to share some personal news with you; I'm in love! Frederic Nicolas Thiebaud has been a true gift to me as a compassionate, understanding friend and over time, an amazing love has blossomed from this precious friendship. Fred and I are happy to announce, our ENGAGEMENT!"

Shania also included that she's "optimistic" about the future, and wished all of her fans a happy holidays -- and love, of course.

No comments: