Sunday 12 December 2010

Willow Smith Doesn't Go to School Much Because of Her Pop Career.

Willow Smith is only 10 years old, and she admits the amount of time she spends in class has dwindled since she started making music.

She is quoted by the Daily Record newspaper as saying: “I never really get to go to school because I am always on tour, or with my father.

“There is a tutor most of the time, but usually I am working so I never get to do the lessons. The worst thing about maths is all the kids are ahead of me because they go to school.”

Willow -- whose debut single "Whip My Hair" is becoming a global hit -- decided she wanted to become a recording artist after her dad Will Smith let her add some vocals to one of his rap songs.

She has also been on tour with her mother Jada’s band Wicked Wisdom and was inspired by her performances.

Willow, who has been signed to Jay-Z’s record label Roc Nation, added: “I was four years old when I recorded a song with daddy and only said a couple of words, and I thought, ‘This is cool.’ It wasn’t supposed to be in the song but he wrote me something at the last minute.

"I would go with my mom on her tour and look at her and love what she did. I thought, ‘Maybe I should do that.’ So I did. I’m going to make songs to inspire people.”

No comments: