Monday 31 January 2011

Designer Diane Von Furstenberg has broken nose, facial fractures from ski accident in Aspen.

Diane Von Furstenberg is recovering from some not-so-pretty injuries from a recent ski accident.

The wrap-dress diva designer told Women's Wear Daily that she suffered a broken nose and light facial fractures while skiing in Aspen, Colo., with her husband, business mogul Barry Diller.

"Barry and I were skiing happily," she told WWD. "Some Brazilian man, who could not ski, lost control and went straight at me, hitting me badly on my face and ribs with his camera," she said.

The 64-year-old fashion icon was rushed to a local hospital and then flown to UCLA.

"I look like Mike Tyson on his worst fight," she said. "I guess it could have been worse...but it does NOT look pretty."

She is recovering in Los Angeles.

Von Furstenberg is a believer in looking one's best while feeling one's worst.

Last September, she debuted bright-patterned hospital gowns for patients at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio.

No comments: