Wednesday 5 January 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow: Chris Martin Makes Me Feel 'Special'.

Gwyneth Paltrow says her husband does more than just love her -- he makes her feel “special."

The Country Strong actress -- who has children Apple, six, and Moses, four, with her spouse, Coldplay singer Chris Martin -- always feels valued by the musician and is particularly appreciative of his sense of humour.

She said: "I can depend on him. He makes me laugh. He's really appreciative of me. You know, he makes me feel special."

However, the star admits she often has to push her husband into talking about his feelings, though he knows the importance of communication in a relationship.

She told the February edition of Good Housekeeping magazine: "I definitely have to coax things out of him when we talk. You know, he's British, so it's a different lexicon totally. But you have to communicate. Otherwise there's no relationship."

Gwyneth, 38, also spoke of her battle with postnatal depression following Moses’ birth, admitting it was 33-year-old Chris who made her realise she needed help.

She recalled: "About four months into it, Chris came to me and said, 'Something's wrong. Something's wrong.'

"I kept saying, 'No, no, I'm fine.' But Chris identified it, and that sort of burst the bubble."

The blond beauty admits one of the hardest things was accepting she was suffering from the condition, admitting it made her feel like a “failure”.

She added: "I thought postpartum depression meant you were sobbing every single day and incapable of looking after a child. But there are different shades of it and depths of it, which is why I think it's so important for women to talk about it. It was a trying time. I felt like a failure."

No comments: