Friday 7 January 2011

Hilary Swank Still Loves a Bargain.

Hilary Swank grew up in a trailer park, and understanding the value of money means she never passes up a sale.

She said: "My background is not something I forget. It helps me not take what I have for granted.

"I really appreciate that I get to travel and see the world, and that I can pay my bills. It's an incredible feeling to know that I can actually buy that pair of shoes, and I appreciate a sale as much as the next person.

"I think about how I am spending my money, and I like to spend on my family."

The actress also believes the love of her mother Judy helped empower her to succeed.

She said: "My mom's belief in me was the biggest gift I ever received. Nothing will trump that because she instilled in me that there was nothing I couldn't accomplish if I worked hard enough.

"She didn't give me false expectations that fairy dust was going to be thrown over me and suddenly all my dreams would come true."

Hilary has previously revealed she is a big fan of saving up coupons and money-off vouchers for shopping expeditions.

She told You magazine: "I would use a coupon -- just because I have some money now, I wouldn't? That doesn't make sense to me. I see it as a dollar in my pocket. People around me laugh, because I have a deep understanding of what a dollar gets you and how far to make that dollar go.

"I really appreciate that I get to travel and see the world and that I can pay my bills. It's an incredible feeling to know that I can actually buy that pair of shoes."

No comments: