Tuesday 11 January 2011

Rihanna Reconciles with Estranged Father.

Rihanna's strained relationship with her father Ronald Fenty got even worse after he spoke to the media about her assault by Chris Brown in February 2009, but the father-daughter pair had a chance to reconcile over Christmas.

Ronald, 57, said: “I saw her twice before Christmas and she came to see me on Christmas Day. She showered me with gifts, a lot of stuff, many shirts and cologne. She’s always really generous.”

Though Ronald knows he can never be as close to the singer as he once was, he is happy to be her “friend” again.

He said: “Maybe we’re not as close as we were when she was growing up here and was at school. But we are blood, we do not stay angry and we are friends again.”

Rihanna originally fell out with her dad after he turned up drunk to one of her shows and trashed her tour bus in 2008, and Ronald -- who has now given up alcohol -- admits he wasn't surprised.

He explained to the Daily Mirror newspaper: “We did have a disagreement about the drinking on the tour. I got plastered on the tour bus. I can drink rum or beer but vodka does not like me -- or gin.

“She blasted me for that -- she was always lippy from her small days. I was picked up from the hotel in the morning and I was just shuttled to the airport.”

Rihanna has previously revealed her childhood was blighted by her dad Ronald's drug problems and eventual split from her mother when she was 14.

No comments: