Thursday 20 January 2011

Simon Cowell: 'I Didn't Learn Anything from School'

Simon Cowell has an estimated personal fortune of over $263 million, but he didn't earn it because of any outstanding academic performance.

He said: “All my life I had to teach myself. I never really had a proper education. I wasn’t born with any skill. I didn’t learn anything from school.

"Mainly, I trust my instincts because I have very broad tastes. I genuinely believe that if I like something, other people are going to like it as well.”

Simon quit American Idol last year in order to focus on bringing his UK show, The X Factor, to the US, and he admits it took a discussion with an unnamed “successful” friends to make him realise it was time to go.

He explained on a forthcoming episode of Oprah Presents Master Class: “I asked a very successful guy, ‘What’s the best advice you can give me?’ and he said, ‘Simon, always know when to leave the fair.’ And I think that’s good advice. Something inside you just says, ‘You know what, it’s time to go.’ Without any regrets whatsoever."

Despite departing American Idol, Simon insists he has enjoyed being a TV talent show judge because it isn’t very difficult.

He added: "I can look back on the past ten years and say, ‘It’s been a blast.’ I’ve enjoyed myself, I mean it’s not the most difficult job in the world is it?”

No comments: