Wednesday 9 February 2011

Halle Berry Rocks March 2011 EBONY Mag Cover.

Halle Berry is looking gorgeous as usual in all black on the cover of EBONY Mag's March 2011 cover. While posing in a frilly, sheer, and very lingerie-like black dress and black lace bra, all while biting into a cherry, Halle talks about her appetite for everything delicious. Especially her daughter, Nahla.

One of my fave EBONY covers so far, I must say. Loving the outdoor country home background as the backdrop to something as luxe as sheer lacy frills on a sexy black dress. And it sounds like Halle's holding nothing back when it comes to how she identifies her almost 3-year-old daughter with ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry.

Gabe has reportedly said that his daughter is NOT black and allegedly gets upset when anyone calls her such. Halle disagrees. Here's a few excerpts from her EBONY interview.

On Nahla

“I feel like she’s black. I’m black and I’m her mother and I believe in the one-drop theory. I’m not going to put a label on it. I had to decide for myself and that’s what she’s going to have to decide – how she identifies herself in the world. And I think, largely, that will be based on how the world identifies her. That’s how I identified myself. But I feel like she’s black.”

On dating outside her race

“Well, first thing I want to say is that I’m very connected to my community and I want black people to know that I haven’t abandoned them because I’ve had a child with a man outside of my race and I’m dating someone now outside of my race who is Spanish and French. I have never been more clear about who I am as a black woman. The people I have dated sort of hold up a mirror to me and help me realize more of who I really am.”

Well there you have it. Halle says her daughter IS black and she has not abandoned the black race despite dating outside of it. For all you who have been wondering....

No comments: