Monday 28 February 2011

Natalie Portman Pays Tribute to Fiancé Benjamin Millepied During Oscars Acceptance Speech.

Natalie Portman is pregnant with her first child with fiancé Benjamin Millepied, and she gave her beau a romantic shout-out while accepting the Best Actress award for Black Swan.

Showing off her baby bump in a flowing Rodarte gown, Natalie said: “Thank you to my beautiful love Benjamin Millepied who choreographed the film and has now given me my most important role of my life.”

The former child star -- who made her big screen debut in Leon in 1994 at the age of just 13 -- also paid tribute to her mother and father for always encouraging her to act, saying: “I want to thank my parents. First and foremost for giving me my life. And for the opportunity to work at such a young age.”

Despite her victory, Natalie is unsure of what her career holds in the future because she now wants to put all efforts into motherhood.

She said: “It’s one of the most exciting things of being pregnant. I’m just accepting that I have no idea, it’s accepting what people go through every day.”

Natalie has become just the fifth actress in Hollywood history to pick up an Academy Award while pregnant.

Eva Marie Saint, Meryl Streep, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Rachel Weisz all won Oscars while expecting.

No comments: