Monday 28 February 2011

Sandra Bullock on Oscar Night: 'I Want to Have Fun'

Sandra Bullock returned to the Academy Awards last night, a year after she scooped the Best Actress award for The Blind Side. And even though she was looking forward to the ceremony, she admitted she doesn’t like leaving her son Louis at home.

Speaking on the red carpet before the prize-giving began at Los Angeles' Kodak Theatre, she said: “I want to have fun tonight. I'm saying that I want to have fun, but I don't know if I will.

“It's hard. You just have to make a point of coming here and having a good time but all I want to do is go home (to see Louis). But I'll make the best out of it and stick around."

Despite Sandra’s reluctance to leave Louis, the 46-year-old star has just started shooting her first movie since she became a mother.

The actress is appearing in Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close opposite Tom Hanks, and filming began in New York City last week.

Sandra loved being back on set and believes parenthood has made her a better actress.

She said: “I just did my first day of work in over a year and a half on Friday.

"Motherhood has made me a better person. I'm more patient and accommodating. I really appreciate where I am."

Sandra was at the ceremony to present Colin Firth his Best Actor Oscar.

Just days after her own Academy Award win in 2010, the brunette star suffered turmoil in her personal life when it was revealed her husband Jesse James had cheated on her.

The pair subsequently divorced and the motorcycle enthusiast is now engaged to tattoo artist Kat Von D.

No comments: