Monday 14 March 2011

Kate Winslet Says People Think She's a 'Big Fat Viking'

Kate Winslet is well known for defending her curvy figure, and fans often comment on how good she looks, leading to her think they imagine her much bigger than she is.

She said: “It seems to me I look very different from how people expect me to be.

“Clearly they think I’m a great big fat Viking. My body is different through nothing other than my being older. My clothes fit me the same way they’ve fitted me for the last five, six years. And of course I was a lot more voluptuous then.”

However, she admits she is less interested in talking about her body now because its “hypocritical.”

Kate added to Britain's Vogue magazine: “I felt I had to defend my body and took a very public stand, which I still absolutely believe in. But I’ve stopped talking about it now. And, at a certain point, it does become hypocritical.”

Despite not wanting to talk about her figure, Kate's face is becoming more important to her and she often notices how she is gaining wrinkles.

The actress explained: “I’m more aware of things like wrinkles on my face. They’re becoming much more pronounced, because that’s the muscle I use the most when acting. But it’s my face. So, whatever.”

No comments: