Monday 28 March 2011

Model Jourdan Dunn Isn't Afraid of Being a Single Mother.

Jourdan Dunn is back at the top of her modeling game after taking some time off to care for her son, who was born in December 2009. The London native is on the cover of the latest issue of i-D alongside her close pal Karlie Kloss, with both of them clad in nothing more than one fabulous striped hat.

In the accompanying interview, excerpted this week by Fashionologie, Dunn revealed that she is no longer with the father of her child. She explained, "Last year was a tough year for me. I went through a lot with my personal life but thank goodness my Mum was there for me every step of the way. I'm now not scared of being a single mother."

Dunn's son, Riley, suffers from sickle cell disease. She was frank about her difficulties dealing with the illness, saying, "The hardest thing is not knowing if Riley is just miserable or if he's in pain and having a crisis. Last December he had his first crisis, and he was submitted to hospital for a blood transfusion. It was the scariest thing. All I wanted to do was take the pain away… I felt helpless as a mother. But now we have experienced his first crisis we are more prepared and know what to look out for."

No comments: