Saturday 2 April 2011

Jessica White Opens up About Assault Charge, Painful Past.

Jessica White wants the world to know she doesn't deserve her bad girl rep.

The 26-year-old model, famed for her Sports Illustrated swimsuit shots, has been charged with assault and harrassment following an altercation with another woman last October. White insists she's innocent, telling People, "I was flagging a cab, and she came from behind and pushed me."

White insisted, "I didn't strike her until she hit me in the face. I don't lash out at innocent people.

Despite the charges, things are looking up for Jessica: She's the face of an upcoming reality series for the Oxygen network, she's launching a skincare line and she's never been more in demand. White credits modeling with helping her to escape a painful childhood—one that included sexual abuse at the hands of a family member.

"I look at modeling as a savior, because [it allowed me] to leave and travel to Paris and New York when I could finally relax and be out of the abusive environment."

No comments: