Tuesday 19 April 2011





Kerry Washington & Diahann Carroll For The May 2011 "O" Magazine "Timeless Beauty" Feature.

Diahann Carroll, the gorgeous 75-year-old veteran actress who appeared in the first films starring black actresses, and Kerry Washington, the beautiful 34-year-old film and Broadway actress, are featured in the May 2011 issue of O Magazine called "Timeless Beauty." In the article Diahann wears a L.K. Bennett dress and Kerry wears a CH Carolina Herrera dress. A word of advice, Diahann says, “The legs are the last to go! I bring attention to mine with skirts and midheel pumps.”

Here are some article highlights:

Diahann Carroll…

On Kerry
“Kerry reminds me a lot of myself at her age. She has a trained eye for detail and what suits her figure. And she has an innate self-confidence, a coolness about how lovely she is.”

On Fashion

“My fashion life exists mainly through work, so I dress to be event appropriate. I see clothes as a performance.”

On Stilettos

“I will suffer while I’m being photographed, then change into another pair of shoes.”

On Shapewear

“You have to remember that a body is going into that pretty dress. I always want a long line and a neat, clean look – the simpler, the better.”

Kerry Washington…


On working a modern mix of designers and affordable labels

“I inhabit a lot of different worlds and I’m always trying to find balance.”

On Fashion

“Fashion is an art. Clothes are a costume we use to express who we are.”

No comments: