Wednesday 18 May 2011

Arnold Schwarzenegger Admits He Fathered a Child with Household Staffer.

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver announced their plans to divorce last week, and now it's become very clear why they're calling it quits after 25 years together: Arnold fathered a child with a household staffer 10 years ago.
Maria, who has four children, Katherine, 21, Christina, 19, Patrick, 17, and Christopher, 13, with the former governor, moved out of the family’s Los Angeles mansion earlier this year after Arnold admitted his transgressions.

Apparently the woman, who's not been named, worked for the family for 20 years and retired and received a severance package just months ago. Before Arnold's admission, Maria thought the staffer's child's father was her then-husband.

Sources say Arnold financially provided for his child throughout its life and continues to do so.

Arnold said in a statement released to the Los Angeles Times: "After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago. I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry. I ask that the media respect my wife and children through this extremely difficult time. While I deserve your attention and criticism, my family does not."
Following the news of the couple’s split, Arnold, 63, revealed he was taking the break-up "one day at a time" and had made no mention about the reason for the divorce. He said: "We both love each other very much. And we're taking it one day at a time. The bottom line is we want to thank all the people for their great, great support. I just spoke to Maria an hour ago before I came here. We both were saying the same thing - we're extremely blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people, by so many wonderful friends."

TMZ reports that Maria is consulting with a powerful financial advisor to poise herself for the divorce. It is believed that there is a prenup, but its effectiveness is questionable since the couple had been together for so many years.

Maria's statement was short and sweet this morning: "This is a painful and heartbreaking time," she said. "As a mother, my concern is for the children. I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment."

No comments: