Wednesday 8 June 2011

Anna Wintour Likes to Text Message, Surprises Lady Gaga.

We can't imagine Anna Wintour getting down with texting. Not that she wouldn't be capable, but it seems to contradict her polished image. However, at last night's CFDA Fashion Awards, Lady Gaga revealed that the Vogue editrix is not only fond of texting, but kinda cool.

Gaga says that she first found out about winning the Style Icon award through a text message a from Anna Wintour. Yes, read that again, Anna Wintour text messages. The next part gets even better. Since Gaga, like the rest of us, didn't think the text could possibly be from Ms. Wintour, she was quite cheeky with her reply. She said:

When I was told I won this award, Anna Wintour sent me a text message—she text messages. So she sent me a text message, and it said, 'We're so excited to tell you you won the CFDA fashion icon award. And I actually thought it was Anna Treblin, who was one of my very close friends and [my stylist] Nicola's assistant, who I go out and have drinks with all the time. So I have a couple Annas in my phone, so my reply was, 'Yes, bitch, we did it.' So quite quickly I got a reply that said, 'How lovely, and we will all be waiting to see what you will wear.' And then I thought, 'Well won't you be helping me choose what I will wear?' And then I said, 'Oh! it's Anna Wintour.'

Next thing you know, someone is going to say that Anna Wintour tweets. Oh Anna, always keeping us guessing.

Source: The Cut

No comments: