Saturday 28 January 2012

Sanaa Lathan Rethinks Her Kobe Bryant Slam,
Talks Pregnancy Rumor & BEST MAN 2.


While promoting her new role with Pantene, fab chick Sanaa Lathan took some time out to talk to EBONY.com about her upcoming movie with Anthony Mackie, what's going on with the Best Man sequel and how she REALLY felt about those Kobe Bryant affair/pregnancy rumors. Here are the highlights:

EBONY.com: You recently got caught up in a nasty rumor with Kobe Bryant, that you were somehow the reason for his marriage ending after you two were seen in the same VIP section at Jay-Z and Kanye West’s Watch the Throne concert. I have to say I absolutely loved your response to the rumor on Twitter.

[Sanaa tweeted: "Anybody who pays attention knows I’m not his type… Blank stare. #blackgirlsrock #dontbelievethelies"]

Sanaa: I probably shouldn’t have said that because I don’t discriminate when it comes to dating. I have dated all races and I believe you should be free to do whatever you want. But I was so annoyed because I was having such a great time at the concert and Kobe happen to be standing next to me, and then all of a sudden I was tied to his break-up. That’s absurd, and I tweeted that in the moment, and I regret it. But to each its own. It’s just funny that if it’s written people believe it, and even though I have said I have nothing to do with him, people are still saying when the baby is due?

And on the Best Man 2 status:

"Nothing has been confirmed yet regarding Best Man 2, but it is a great script that we have all read. It’s all on the studio and them deciding to do it. I know a lot of people are excited and anticipating the movie, but we all just have to cross our fingers and hopefully it will all come together. Everyone in the cast is excited and on board, and I think people will be really pleasantly entertained to see where these characters have evolved over the twelve years."

But she has another movie already in the works:

"I have Vipaka, but they are thinking about changing the title. It’s a physiological thriller with Forest Whitaker and Anthony Mackie. We shot it in New Orleans last August. It’s scary, sexy and tense. They are still editing it, so I’m not really sure when it will be out."

So everyone can lay off Sanaa and the man-eating/pregnancy rumors...at least for now.

Read more over at EBONY.com

No comments: