Monday 5 March 2012

Nick Cannon Opens Up About His Lupus-Like Disease.

Nick Cannon is happy to report his health issues are now under control. Mr. Mariah Carey was hospitalized for kidney failure in January then for blood clots in his lungs weeks later, and now he says the doctors have discovered he has a lupus-like autoimmune disease. It sounds scarier than it is.

"It's a lot of stuff," said Cannon, "but it's all in order now."

"They kind of say [my] autoimmune [disease] is – like a lupus type of thing, but no one else in my family has it," he said while deejaying at an event this week.

While it's "something [he's] going to be living with all [his] life," the dad of two is just taking it easy and trying to get better for now. "I'm just trying to make sure I put my health first," he added.

And, it seems as though the worst is behind him. "The blood clot thing was probably the scariest because ... I've known people who have passed away from that," he said.

"I feel blessed to be alive," Cannon said. "If it wasn't discovered, I don't know [what would have happened]."

No comments: