Friday 10 December 2010

Katy Perry to Become Mrs. Brand.

Katy Perry wed British comedian Russell Brand in October, and now she's thinking about taking on her husband's name.

When asked if she would take Russell’s name, Katy replied: “I am, actually. When people try to get my attention, like if I'm at an event or something like that, and they want special attention, they go, 'Mrs. Brand!' And I go shwoosh!"

Katy demonstrated the “shwoosh” by snapping her head around.

The 26-year-old singer also joked about 65-year-old Helen Mirren -- who stars alongside Russell in the films The Tempest and Arthur -- and her claims she is “very jealous” of Katy marrying the former lothario.

She told talk show host Ellen DeGeneres: “Yeah, she needs to step off my man.

"Actually I kind of don't mind that someone else takes some of the responsibility because it's a lot of work.”

Helen has become very close to Russell as they have worked together, and recently revealed how he had given her an unusual gift -- his used underwear.

She said: “I am the proud owner of a pair of Russell’s yellow underpants. Slightly soiled I might add.”

Although he is known as mischievous and a consummate prankster, Helen added Russell was very much a professional on set.

She said: “He is an inventive and imaginative and immensely energetic person, but he’s not wild and anarchic and out of control, not at all.”

No comments: