Saturday 15 January 2011

Colin Firth Gets a Star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.

Colin Firth is a hot favorite to be nominated for an Oscar for his portrayal of stuttering British King George VI in the new movie The King's Speech, but he recently received another exciting honor. The actor unveiled the 2,429th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and dedicated it to his wife Livia Giuggioli.

A visibly-moved Colin said: “I want to thank everybody that has accompanied me on this extraordinary journey, but probably more than anybody I could ever imagine, Livia, who has walked every step of this with me joyfully and truthfully.

“When I look down there at that star, it’s her name I see.”

His star has been placed next to fellow British thespian Emma Thompson.

The 50-year-old actor -- who married Livia in 1997 and has sons Luca, nine, and Matteo, seven with her -- is currently in Los Angeles for the forthcoming Golden Globe Awards on Sunday, where he is nominated for the Best Actor prize for The King’s Speech.

He originally came to prominence on a British TV version of Pride and Prejudice, and has since starred in films including Bridget Jones’ Diary and A Single Man.

No comments: