Wednesday 2 March 2011

Christian Bale's Mom Hopes Oscar Win Can Mend Their Relationship.

Christian Bale picked up the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in The Fighter on Sunday, and his mom Jenny is hoping the win can help reunite them. She has not been in contact with her son since a fall out in 2008 and she admits she was particularly “upset” not to be by his side at the prestigious ceremony.

Jenny, 63, said: “I hope this Oscar can bring us together. The family are so pleased for him. This Oscar is well deserved. I saw other celebrities there with their mothers and got upset.

“I would have loved to have been there by his side.

“I’d love for Christian to walk through the door right now and. I’d give him a big hug and a kiss and we could forget about the last three years. I don’t know why he’s doing this.”

The feud between 37-year-old Christian and his family started when Jenny, his sister Sharon, 43, and her three children went to his hotel suite before The Dark Knight premiered in London in July 2008.

While things started off well, Jenny says her son’s mood quickly changed and he became aggressive toward them.

At the time, she and Sharon claimed Christian pushed them before throwing them out of his suite, prompting the actor’s sister to make an assault claim to police, which was later dropped.

Despite her upset, Jenny -- who has continued to send birthday and Christmas cards to her son -- insists there is no reason why she should offer an apology over the incident.

She told The Sun newspaper: “Sharon never forgave him for upsetting her kids. He never forgave her for calling the police.

“If I had done something wrong I’d apologize, but I really don’t know why it’s come to this.”

No comments: