Friday 18 March 2011

Isaac Mizrahi Doesn't Hold Back in Galliano Rant.

Many in the fashion industry have gingerly sidestepped or very carefully addressed the whole John Galliano escapade. But Isaac Mizrahi isn't one to hold back.

At the MCC Theater’s Annual Musical Spectacular Gala, he didn't mince words when discussing the fallen designer's anti-Semitic tirade. Isaac went to far as to say he hopes Galliano doesn't work again. He said:
I guess I’m the wrong one to talk to, because I never really liked sort of what he did so much. I liked better what McQueen did. I liked better what Vivienne Westwood did. So now I don’t like it, and he’s a Jew hater? I was like, buh-bye ...Galliano was more of a fetishist to me. He was more of a fetishist than a democrat. And I refer to him in the past tense, because I don’t think he’ll work again. I hope not. I hope he doesn’t work again.

What do you think of Isaac's comments?


Source: The Cut

No comments: