Monday 9 May 2011


Alicia Keys Talks Swizzy & Egypt Dean On Double Covers For ESSENCE's June 2011 Issue.

In her first cover story since she wed Swizz Beatz and popped out Baby Egypt Dean, 30-year-old Alicia Keys is opening up more than ever in the July 2011 issue of ESSENCE magazine.

Mrs. Keys-Beatz's covers and insight on wifehood, motherhood, and her decade long music career.

Alicia's dropping her tenth anniversary deluxe and collector's editions of her first album, Songs in A Minor, this month. It's my fave album of hers so I'll def be copping. But as she's commemorating her decade long career, it's only right she lands the cover of the June 2011 issue.

ESSENCE says this is the most open she's ever been in an interview, so expect to get the first explanation as to how and why she and Swizzy got together, despite their marital circumstances, and how she's experiencing magical love with their baby boy.

On love: "Falling in love is such a force, but this is a whole other level of magic..."

On music, marriage and motherhood: "I was very closed for a long time. But I feel so open now. To feel open like this means you've found the center in yourself. You're not hiding; you're not worried about anything. Everything's going to be just fine."

On dedicating a song to her mom: "In the past, I've written mostly from my own perspective. But I just wrote a song for my next album that was inspired by a conversation I had with a man who was expressing how indebted he feels to God. He said, 'I owe God.' Now, what an interesting thought. And as much as I believe in God, for me that translated into how much I owe my mother for who I am. So I went home and I wrote I Owe You. It's dedicated to her…"

Source

No comments: