Wednesday 1 June 2011

Lady Gaga 'Went Bankrupt' During Monster's Ball Tour.

Lady Gaga was named Forbes' most powerful celebrity just last week, but turns out at one point in the last year the singer was actually in debt! She says her Monster's Ball Tour left her in the hole, though she ended up making $170 million from it when all 200 shows were said and done.

She told the Financial Times newspaper: "I put everything in the show, and I actually went bankrupt after the first extension of the Monster Ball. And it was funny because I didn't know! And I remember I called everybody and said, 'Why is everyone saying I have no money? This is ridiculous, I have five number one singles' - and they said, 'Well, you're $3 million in debt.' "

Despite losing money from the epic tour, she claims she didn't care at all. "It's honestly true that money means nothing to me," she added.

She claims that other than spending tons of money for huge sets and costumes and such, she's only bought one extravagant thing, and it wasn't even for her! Gaga said: "The only big things I've purchased are my dad's heart valve and a Rolls-Royce for my parents, for their anniversary. And that was only because my dad had a Lady Gaga license plate on our old car and it was making me crazy because he was getting followed everywhere, so I bought him a new car."

No comments: