Friday 26 August 2011

Anna Wintour on Intimidation and Power.

The reigning queen of the fashion industry was just ranked 69th on Forbes' Most Powerful Women list. With a hand in every aspect of the apparel business and the ability to make or break a new designer, we are almost surprised she didn't rank higher. Anna Wintour sat down with Forbes to discuss her infamous fear factor, her dream Vogue cover ladies and how it feels to be a woman of great power.

Forbes' first question cut straight to the chase, inquiring about the notorious intimidation factor of the icy editor-in-chief. Anna explains, "Well, I don't think of myself as intimidating and I assure you that people who work with me on a day-to-day basis don't think that either...I keep my head down, I try to do my job to the best of my ability."

Her dream Vogue cover girl? The editor cited three women who she was thrilled to place on the magazine's front page. Coincidentally, all three join Anna on Forbes' latest list: Hilary Clinton, who ranked second; Michelle Obama, eighth; and Lady Gaga, who landed in the 11th spot above all other entertainers on the list.

When addressing power, however, Anna does not relish the label. She says, "I don’t think of myself as a powerful person. You know, what does it mean? It means you get a better seat in a restaurant or tickets to a screening or whatever it may be. But it is a wonderful opportunity to be able to help others, and for that I’m extremely grateful."

No comments: