Monday 6 February 2012




Viola Davis Goes Natural For "LA TIMES" Magazine.

Academy Award front-runner Viola Davis covers the February 2012 issue of LA TIMES Magazine with a photoshoot that shows a drastically different side of the actress.

The Help star Viola Davis, pictured directly above in a Jason Wu sculpted dress and a Costume National fox fur poncho, has pretty much cleaned up at all the shows for awards season, so it's only natural that she is expected to win this year's Oscar for Best Actress.

In the latest issue of LA TIMES Magazine, the actress rocked a photoshoot that highlighted her gorgeous features. She looks fab!

In a Marchesa long sleeved lace and high neck dress with organza flower detail

Here's a few of the highlights:

On liking characters that are underrated, slow burners: “Human life is about a culmination of moments, and 99 percent of those are quiet but powerful. I am always interested and intrigued with watching that.”

On nurturing her craft from a young age: “Even back when I was 11, I knew that Isabel Sanford from The Jeffersons came from the stage. I never watched the Oscars, but I watched the Tonys every year. I wanted to be onstage. I wanted to be like Colleen Dewhurst or Jane Alexander—one of those great ladies of the theater, doing Ibsen and Shakespeare.”

On the need for young people to be mentored to aspire to something fulfilling: “I am doing this out of necessity. If I am not the instrument of change, I can meander through this business and be the black woman who always has two or three scenes but with fabulous actors around me.”

No comments: