Sunday 11 March 2012

Heidi Klum: Divorce is Like a Tornado

Unlike her soon-to-be ex-husband, Heidi Klum waited nearly three months before opening up about her divorce to the media. The model mama talks about ending her seven-year marriage with Seal in the latest issue of Elle magazine, explaining how post-split life has been much like a tornado.

"I feel like I'm in the eye of a tornado," she said in the interview. "Sometimes I think a curve ball just comes at you. Instead of something straight that you can catch, it hits you in the head from the side that you didn't expect."

Klum acknowledged that, to the rest of the world, the divorce news came out of left field from the seemingly happy couple, but there's always a difference between the public image and the private reality. "You kind of share just the most amazing sides," she explained. "But I don't really want to get into any of that stuff. With my life, my family, my business -- I want to go forward."

Part of going forward is protecting her children and keeping the press away. "I'm a lioness," said Klum. "I have four cubs. I'm a mom. I want to take care of my kids and protect them. I don't want to talk about them, or him, or me.

"I feel like already there are so many things being said about us -- about him, about me," the model added. "I'm not going to comment. Otherwise it makes you angry. You can't always call and say, 'This is not true, but this part is true.'"

No comments: